However, the regional Fed bank said that the recent bout of weakness differs from the five downturns since 1967, due partly to the fact that consumer spending is holding in.
The Chicago Fed said that its monthly National Activity Index recovered slightly to -1.06 in May from a revised -1.23 in April. The April reading had
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations