"I won't comment on daily currency rate movements, but they should basically move stably reflecting economic fundamentals," Vice Finance Minister Koichi Hosokawa told a regular press conference.
Hosokawa said Japanese monetary authorities are ready to take action in the currency market "if necessary," but didn't comment on what kind of
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde