Rodrigo Cabezas, Venezuela's finance minister described the rate, which is more than ten percentage points above the 12% target that Hugo Chavez set at the start of last year, as "unsatisfactory."
Inflation for the region was up from 17% in 2006. But the monthly rate of inflation did drop slightly in December t
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations