The Bank of Japan acknowledged the growth picture had worsened, saying that it was "sluggish against the backdrop of high energy and materials prices, and weaker growth in exports". It said in July that growth was "slowing further".
Growth would "likely remain sluggish for the time being", but the central bank said it was "expecte
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank