The Bank of Japan acknowledged the growth picture had worsened, saying that it was "sluggish against the backdrop of high energy and materials prices, and weaker growth in exports". It said in July that growth was "slowing further".
Growth would "likely remain sluggish for the time being", but the central bank said it was "expecte
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor