President Roh Moo-hyun accepted the resignation of Lee Hun-jai but did not immediately name a successor, Yonhap news agency reported.
The resignation of Lee - who helped steer the economy through a two-year slump in consumption, soaring oil prices and a spike in the local currency in his second stint as minister - comes at a tricky time for the country.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations