But one point of interest was that Stevens spent 1990 as a visiting scholar at the Federal Reserve in San Francisco, it says.
"As Michael Maiello of Forbes magazine pointed out, this coincided with the start of a recession and a White House falling-out with then Fed chairman Alan Greenspan which ultimately cos
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes