European Central Bank board member Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa was quoted on Monday as saying there was no danger of deflation in the euro zone and that a stronger euro did not hurt growth in the zone.
Asked whether there was a risk of deflation in an interview with Italian newspaper La Repubblica, Padoa-Schioppa denied there
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré
- Rising rates seen as main risk by reserve managers