The central bank fears such transactions may have contributed to the yen's recent weakness, and is also worried about the potential impact of yen carry trade transactions on short-term interest rates, the business daily said.
At their August policy meeting, the B
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS