The central bank fears such transactions may have contributed to the yen's recent weakness, and is also worried about the potential impact of yen carry trade transactions on short-term interest rates, the business daily said.
At their August policy meeting, the B
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory