The central bank named NBI, New Glitnir, and New Kaupthing, three private banks, as market makers in the currency market, but said "others are expected to join them."
Trading on Thursday saw the krona slip by just over 2% against the dollar to 144.93.
In recent weeks, the central bank has been virtually the only provider of foreign exchange on this market, and the excha
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says