"The sense of the meeting would be that after a year that has been very, very good at a global level, this year might be of the same level of magnitude -- maybe a bit lower, but not far," he said after a meeting of the Group of 10 leading nations' central bank governors in Basel.
Trichet also said fears about a U.S. economic crash were exa
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations