The Reserve Bank said it would withdraw the note at the end of 2007 on 20 December. But Gono said that the central bank had re-instated and extended legal tender status of the note after he was "inundated with country-wide unanimous calls" to extend its lifespan.
These calls, he said, "principally arose from the unexpected adverse i
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes