Central Bank News wrote in mid-November that Al-Wazir was likely to succeed George Abed as governor.
Al-Wazir, a former deputy finance minister, served as Abed's deputy during his two-and-a-half year stay at the central bank.
Abed told Central Bank News that he thought Al-Wazir was the best person to replace him.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations