"We would like to adjust the interest rate level slowly (but also) not to be excessively behind the curve (too late)," Fukui said.
"The Japanese economy has just got out of intensive care, so to speak. It needs special care for the moment as it may have
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production