Sen. Jim Bunning, R-Ky., asked Bernanke about the issue during a Senate Banking Committee hearing on financial literacy.
"Senator, that episode you refer to was a lapse of judgment on my part," Bernanke replied. "In the future my communications with the public and with the market will be entirely through regular and
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?