Sen. Jim Bunning, R-Ky., asked Bernanke about the issue during a Senate Banking Committee hearing on financial literacy.
"Senator, that episode you refer to was a lapse of judgment on my part," Bernanke replied. "In the future my communications with the public and with the market will be entirely through regular and
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system