Honkapohja will supervise the central bank's research and will also continue to pursue his own research on modelling for monetary policy.
Honkapohja, who began his five-year term on 1 January, joining from the University of Cambridge, where he was a professor of international macroeconomics, told Central Bank News that he presumed he was appointed to the board becaus
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- BoE faces ‘uncomfortable’ approach to May meeting – Forbes
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development