Issing spoke in several television interviews saying the ECB will have to raise rates if a prolonged rise in oil prices heightens inflationary risks for more than just a few months ahead.
''If risks for price development in the medium term increase further, we will have to act,'' he told German television DW-TV.
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré