In a statement broadcast live on state radio, Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe Governor Gideon Gono said the new currency would be unveiled in 2006 "at a date to be announced", the newspaper said.
It said the central bank had also taken the first step towards a managed floating exchange rate system on Thursday to attract scarce foreign currency amid signs inflation wil
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank