Though the reserve requirement ratio rose half a point to 16.5% on Tuesday, the six hardest-hit regions in Sichuan province will be allowed to temporarily keep their ratios at 16%.
Individuals and businesses defaulting on loan payments due to the quake would not be held accountable.
The central bank pledged Rmb1.5 billion ($215m) to Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan provi
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting