"A Central Bank with no autonomy is unthinkable," he told TV news channel Globovision during an interview.
The official clarified that autonomy does not imply autarchy, because the central bank is an agency of the Venezuelan State that should cooperate with other government bodies in compliance with the Constitution and the law
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Brian Wynter on Jamaica’s inflation-targeting transition
- Argentinian central bank raises large banks’ reserve requirements