"I am proud of the new £20 notes, but I cannot say the same of our £5 notes," said the governor, noting that there had been "much, and in my view justified, criticism of their availability and condition."
Many notes "are noticeably soiled and scruffy. ...The problem is not at the production end - we have an ample supply of new £5 notes waiting to be used. We wan
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations