Source: The Herald Online
The shortage of bank notes worsened in Harare yesterday with some banks turning away clients after running out of the notes.
This prompted the Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce to call on bankers to introduce incentives to attract cash deposits and encourage the use of bank cheques and electronic transactions.
Long and winding q
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting