From the FT, London, 10 July
First the bad news, then the good news, says Guillermo Ortiz, the governor of Mexico's central bank.
"As I tell the people in Mexico, the bad news is that we are in the bad part of the business cycle," he says. "The good news is that we are in a cycle and not having one of our usual crises."
When most emerging
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations