According to the Verslo Zinios daily, Prime Minister Gediminas Kirkilas has confirmed that the government would approve a plan for introducing both euro coins and notes. Businesses and banks are particularly concerned with establishing a reliable date for phasing in the euro, the paper wrote.
The European Commission and the European Central Bank together ruled in May that L
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says