Chief Cabinet Secretary Shinzo Abe said upcoming economic indicators will help the government make a decision on whether to declare deflation over or not.
"Our understanding of the current situation is that the end of deflation is beginning to be within sight," he said.
The Bank of Japan had kept interest rates at zero since March 2
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production