"Two or three years ago it was agreed that we will more or less relate this (single currency) to the dollar, but at a later stage, as we progress with the monetary union, we will ... develop this issue," Central Bank Governor Rasheed Al Maraj told a news conference.
Abdul Rahman Saif, executive director of bank
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure