"Two or three years ago it was agreed that we will more or less relate this (single currency) to the dollar, but at a later stage, as we progress with the monetary union, we will ... develop this issue," Central Bank Governor Rasheed Al Maraj told a news conference.
Abdul Rahman Saif, executive director of bank
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations