Jose Lois Malkun was quoted as saying the liquidations were made based on the Monetary Board's decision, and "for that reason it was an institutional decision" because the country's payment capacity was at stake."
"I do not regret the liquidations of the Intercontinental Bank
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says