PBOC vice-governor Wu Xiaoling was speaking before a fact-finding mission to China by US Senators Charles Schumer and Lindsey Graham gets under way. The two Senators have co-authored a bill threatening a blanket 27.5 pct tariff on Chinese imports in the absence of significant currency reform.
"They should understand China's economic restructu
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production