Fred Fono, the deputy prime minister of the archipelago, told local media that Snyder Rini, the finance minister, had approved Rarawa's nomination. The governor general is expected to formalise the appointment early next week.
Rarawa joined the central bank in 1983 and has been deputy governor for the past nine years. Before that he headed the economics
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says