The central bank of Brazil has fallen victim to thieves who dug a 260 foot (80 metre) tunnel under the bank vault instead of trying to break through two metre thick walls and made off with $67.8 million in Brazil's biggest ever robbery.
The funds were not insured because they were already in the bank's vault, AFX quoted a central bank spokesman
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations