Statistics South Africa (Stats SA) said CPIX rose at an annual rate of 10.8% from 9.9% in July and exceeded market expectations of 10.5% growth.
The index, which strips out home loans and their tax effects, has now surged out of its official 3-6% target for 2002 f
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs