Of all the G7 economies, Japan has the most to fear from even a modest depreciation in the dollar. With no sign of deflation abating, in spite of zero interest rates, Tokyo has few options left but to seek a weaker yen.
But as Mr Kuroda embarks on his mission, there are few signs that other G
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Rising rates seen as main risk by reserve managers
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré