Angola to launch sovereign fund this year

Angola plans to launch a sovereign wealth fund before the end of 2009, Severim de Morais, the country's finance minister, has said.

Plans to launch a fund to manage the country's new oil revenues were announced by President Jose Eduardo dos Santos in November last year, but have been held up by the global economic turndown.

Speaking on June 19, however, de Morais said that the government aimed to launch the fund, to be known as the Fundo Soberano Angolano, later this year.

Until recently, Son

To continue reading...

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Central Banking account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an indvidual account here: