The Paris-based Tribunal de Grande Instance ruled that patent held by Document Security Systems, a United States-based technology company, to spot fake euro notes by inserting a strip that appears if bills are replicated by printers was invalid - a method it claims that the ECB has used.
The decision follows a hearing in June last year. Document Security Systems has
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production