The Paris-based Tribunal de Grande Instance ruled that patent held by Document Security Systems, a United States-based technology company, to spot fake euro notes by inserting a strip that appears if bills are replicated by printers was invalid - a method it claims that the ECB has used.
The decision follows a hearing in June last year. Document Security Systems has
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms