The Paris-based Tribunal de Grande Instance ruled that patent held by Document Security Systems, a United States-based technology company, to spot fake euro notes by inserting a strip that appears if bills are replicated by printers was invalid - a method it claims that the ECB has used.
The decision follows a hearing in June last year. Document Security Systems has
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Five central banks and supervisors join environmental group