Asked about the ECB's recent rate rise at a news conference, Constancio said the ECB took the step it felt was necessary by raising rates by 0.25 percentage point in December.
"We said at that time there was no forward-looking bias. That is still our position," Constancio said.
The ECB will meet next week to discuss interest ra
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré