The Bangladesh currency, the taka, is to be allowed from Saturday to float freely on the foreign exchange market.
The decision was taken at a meeting of senior officials of the Bangladesh central bank on Thursday afternoon.
The announcement ended weeks of speculation ab
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- BoE faces ‘uncomfortable’ approach to May meeting – Forbes