Spencer also suggested that attempts to lower the value of the New Zealand dollar do not "run counter to monetary policy and the Reserve Bank's low inflation objective".
On 11 June the central bank sold the kiwi for the first time since the currency was allowed to float twelve years ago (se
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure