The Governor of the Riksbank, Mr Urban Backstrom, informed the Chairman of the Riksbank's General Council, Mr Sven Hulterstrom, during the Whitsun holiday that he intends to resign at the end of this year. This means that he will leave his post two years before the end of his present term.
"I have now been Governor of the Riksbank for almost a decade and I think that's about enough. So, I've decided not to be available for re
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting