"Not only does the common currency contribute to the integration of the European market, but the appearance of a counter-weight to the US dollar has helped stabilise the international monetary order," Roth said.
"Exchange rates around the world can thus evolve closer to their economic fundamentals, and the impact
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor