Speaking at the event, Savenaca Narube, the governor of the Reserve Bank of Fiji, said the change was a "once in a lifetime" event. While notes had changed several times, the governor said, coins had not changed since decimalisation in 1969.
Costs were the main driver of the change, the governor acknowledged, and the new coin series would deliver savings in
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- BoE faces ‘uncomfortable’ approach to May meeting – Forbes
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development