"Governor Urban Backstrom informed me during the Whitsun holiday that he intends to resign at the end of this year. In the Riksbank's General Council the work accordingly begins of finding a successor who can fill the post on 1 January, 2003," Mr Hulterstrom, Chairman of the General Council, said.
The following rules apply when a member leaves the Executive Board: Chapter 3, Article 1 of the Riksbank Act states tha
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde