The Bureau of Labor Statistics is considering publishing the index and its sub-indexes to three decimal places instead of one, which would greatly reduce the frequency with which rounding produces a misleading inflation rate, the report said.
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says