Tito Mboweni, the governor of the Reserve Bank, said on Wednesday that the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) would now attend two-day rate-setting meetings every month for the rest of the year bar July. The committee usually meets six times a year.
"The move allows the Reserve Bank the option of front-loading
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations