By CentralBankNet's Editor, Jeremy Dyer.
The large drop in borrowing costs startled financial markets expecting a more modest cut Reuters reported.
The central bank's policymakers delivered a second surprise by indicating they are likely to stand pat after the latest reduction, saying econo
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says