Jayamaha will move from the central bank to the legislature, where she will advise Mahinda Rajapaksa, Sri Lanka's president, on banking.
Jayamaha had been deputy governor since 2001. Before then, she worked as a special advisor for the economics and legal advisory services division of the London-based Commonwealth Secretariat.
She has also served as chief executi
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting