In the interview with financial daily La Tribune, Breton also said that inflation is contained in France, and is even beginning to decline.
"The markets do not anticipate a sharp increase in rates over the coming months, very simply because it is not necessary," Breton said.
"In this context, we remain very vigilan
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says