Shamshad Akhtar, formerly a senior official at the Asian Development Bank, was named in December as the 14th governor of the State Bank of Pakistan since its inception in July 1948.
"She brings rich experience, both national and international, to her new assignment," the bank said in a statement.
A Fulbright scholar at Harvard and visiting fellow at the university's
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot