Speaking at a financial forum, central bank deputy governor Wu Xiaoling said: "To deepen financial reforms, we must make interest rates more market orientated and make the exchange rate more flexible."
Wu gave no timeframe, but some analysts suggested conditions might soon be ready for China to abandon its practice of setting be
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power