In recent weeks the authorities have intervened in the foreign-exchange market to support the under pressure currency. This has drained the central bank's reserves, which amounted to $437 billion on 5 December from their peak of $597.5 billion on 8 August.
The central bank has permitted the rouble to weaken to 31.89 from 31.63 against its target basket of cu
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde