The central bank said that it had recently come to light that Ukrainian banks "have been trying to conduct improper operations by offering to sell large amounts of foreign currency which they did not have available."
In addition, the Bank says that the real sums of money available to these banks prohibited them from conducting such operations a
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio