The bank says this is part of a review exercise due every 10 years. It is also a response to the challenges posed by counterfeiting.
The bank has consulted widely with international banknote printers to find the most appropriate security features that would provide a deterrent against such activities.
"I am pleased to note that the Reserve Bank recognizes the extreme importance of using external expertise and contri
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde